1. Las Vegas’s Circa Resort & Casino will feature contactless technology throughout (BD+C)
"Circa Resort & Casino, located in Las Vegas, is set to open on Oct. 28. The 25-story, adults-only facility will feature 777 rooms, a two-story casino, six temperature-controlled pools, the largest pool amphitheater in the country, the largest sports book in the world, and, something guests in today’s world will be especially interested in, extensive contactless technology and services."
2. Institute for Market Transformation acquires Energy-Efficient Codes Coalition (BD+C)
"Established by the Alliance to Save Energy in 2007, the EECC is composed of building sector advocates committed to improving the stringency of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC). Their goal is to achieve net-zero construction standards by 2050."
3. Marriott, Hilton, and IHG continue to dominate the U.S. hotel construction pipeline at Q2’20 close (Lodging Econometrics)
"Hilton’s Home2 Suites and IHG’s Holiday Inn Express continue to be the most prominent brands in the U.S. pipeline."
4. ‘Learning hubs’ opening across SF to help 6,000 kids in need with distance education
"San Francisco officials are readying an unprecedented educational assistance program for the fall meant to help up to 6,000 children with their distance-learning needs, as parents and students confront the reality of starting the school year without classrooms during the COVID-19 pandemic."
5. As the eviction moratorium ends, Here are the bills in congress for more rent relief (Forbes)
"The end of the federal eviction ban, which covers any multifamily properties that receive federal assistance, comes when a slew of local moratoriums are also being lifted, which places one in five renters at risk of displacement by Sept. 30."