World Green Building Council: Green buildings help mitigate real estate risk
Green buildings can offer benefits to a wide array of stakeholders throughout their life cycle, according to a report released by the World Green Building Council. Sustainable buildings can provide some risk mitigation for owners. Sustainability can significantly affect the rental income and the future value of real estate assets, in turn affecting their return on investment. Regulatory risks have become increasingly apparent in countries and cities around the world, including mandatory disclosure, building codes and laws banning inefficient buildings.
More like this
- National Green Building Standard for residential construction approved by International Code Council
- AIA: Laboratory design, building for breakthrough science
- USGBC LCA group releases first set of recommendations
- AIA Course: New Developments in Concrete Construction
- Blue ribbon panel unveils recommendations for NYC's green building codes