Top 10 kitchen and bath design trends for 2013
Gray color schemes and transitional styles are among the top trends identified by more than 300 kitchen and bath design experts.
9. Ceramic/Porcelain Tiles
Ceramic or porcelain tile flooring has been in slight decline over the past two years, but it remains the most popular of all materials, specified by 83% of the survey participants this year — down from 93% in 2011. Natural stone tiles have also declined since 2011 dropping from 77% to 59% in 2012, and to 57% this year. However, they have been the second most popular type of flooring used since 2011.
10. Undermount sink
Undermounts are in slight decline this year, dropping from 94% in 2012 to 87%. But here again, they remain the most specified type of lavoratory sink — not just in the latest poll, but over the past 3 years. Integrated sink/tops have seen modest growth, increasing from 35% in 2012 to 41% currently.
For the full report, visit: http://www.nkba.org/PressRelease/2013_NKBA_Kitchen_and_Bath_Style_Report....
More like this
- 8 trends shaping today’s senior housing
- NYC eases building code to create ‘micro apartments’ in Kips Bay
- ULI Real Estate Consensus Forecast, projects improvements for the real estate industry through 2014
- What end-users do (and don't) know about lighting technology (infographic)
- AIA Course: High-Efficiency Plumbing Systems for Commercial and Institutional Buildings