Siemens launches smoke detection knowledge center
New knowledge center web site demonstrates efficacy of smoke detection.
Research shows that the risk of dying in a fire is halved when smoke detectors are installed. With this in mind, Siemens Industry, Inc., a manufacturer of fire protection systems, has created an online resource designed to deliver current, relevant information to help fire professionals, building owners, property managers, city planners, and consulting engineers explain the vitally important role smoke detection systems play in protecting lives and property.
The Smoke Detection Knowledge Center features a wealth of content regarding the value of smoke detection in commercial settings, including:
- An animated video demonstrating how quickly detectors alert occupants of danger in a fire before sprinklers activate to extinguish it
- A historical timeline showing how changing needs drove innovation in fire prevention technology
- Explanations of the inner workings of modern smoke detection technology
- Statistics on how coupling smoke detectors with sprinkler systems can save lives
- An in-depth whitepaper featuring the science behind smoke detection technology and its evolution