REDD and Corcoran Group Real Estate developing eco-friendly boutique condos in Brooklyn's Vinegar Hill
REDD and Corcoran Group Real Estate are developing 100 Gold, a 10-unit boutique condominium complex in Brooklyn's Vinegar Hill that consists of (6) one bedrooms, (2) duplex studios—one with a private yard, and (2) penthouses—duplex apartments with one bedroom and loft, and private terraces. Prices start at $490K.
Highlights of the new eco-friendly condominium development include radiant floor heating, energy efficient central air and heating, operable floor-to-ceiling windows to reduce utility expenses, eco-friendly paints, recycled finishing materials, water conserving fixtures, Energy Star-rated Electrolux Icon appliances including washers and dryers in each unit, and rooftop gardens with roof pavers made of 100% recycled tires. To further the green initiative, the developer will purchase renewable energy credits and assist in funding reforestation projects to offset the carbon emissions associated with the building’s estimated energy use for the first year.
Resident amenities include free storage units, bicycle storage, common landscaped rooftop deck, 24-hour security, virtual concierge, private terraces, and private rooftop gardens.
Corcoran Group Real Estate is the exclusive sales and marketing agent with Clarke/Thompson Advertising & Design as the creative and media agency.
Additional features for the first green building in Vinegar Hill:
- 9-Foot windows provide ample natural daylight and Manhattan views for residents
- Gas-fired, wall-hung boilers in each unit that will save you up to 40 percent on heating costs
- Recycled glass tile used for backsplashes in each kitchen
- Zero-VOC paint
- Recycled-content roof pavers
- Hand-blown light fixtures
- Compact fluorescent lights
For additional information on 100 Gold, contact Steven Gerber at 718.923.8014 or view online.
ABOUT REDD – 100 Gold was developed by REDD (Real Estate Design & Development), a talented group of real estate professionals established by Anthony Morena in 2004. REDD is a collaborative firm that designs, develops and manages the properties it builds. The group has collectively been involved in the adaptive re-use or new development of over 1 million square feet of residential real estate in New York. REDD prides itself on delivering responsible and thoughtful design to the market with innovative concepts, sustainability and efficiency. The Ainslie Grand in Williamsburg, Brooklyn was the last residential project completed by the group in 2008. REDD has several other eco-friendly and sustainable residential developments currently under way.
More like this
- New York Mayor Bloomberg opens nation's first multi-story green industrial facility and announces new green manufacturing plant at Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Cubellis Completes Chicago's First Hotel Designed to Achieve LEED Silver rating
- Perkins Eastman designing next gen trading floor for NYSE EURONEXT
- AGC: Construction employment declines in 47 states in July
- Brooklyn's tallest building reaches 514 feet