• Natalie R. Petzoldt and Jill Bergman, both members of BD+C’s 40 Under 40, have been promoted to VP of Cannon Design, Buffalo, N.Y. The firm also opened an office in Phoenix.
• Edward Broderick was promoted to EVP of Gilbane Development Co., Providence, R.I.
• Douglas Sproul was named president of Wilkinson Development, Yakima, Wash.
• Perkins+Will and The Environments Group, both of Chicago, have merged.
• Lida Dersookian joined the Washington, D.C., office of KlingStubbins as principal and director of interiors.
• Karim Khemakhem was named interior design director Middle East for Ellerbe Becket, and will be based in Dubai.
• Engineering and consulting firm Walter P Moore opened an office in San Francisco. William Andrews will serve as managing director.
• Architect Dan Meis and his firm, Meis Architects, Culver City, Calif., will merge with international architecture firm Aedas.
• Gilman K. M. Hu was named president of the Construction Specifications Institute, Alexandria, Va.
• Steve Wiley was promoted to VP of preconstruction for James McHugh Construction Co., Chicago.
• NTD Architecture opened a new office in Salinas, Calif.
• Heery International, Atlanta, the U.S. professional and technical services arm of U.K. construction company Balfour Beatty, London, purchased San Diego-based Douglas E. Barnhart Inc. for $116 million from management and family.
• Greg Hughes joined PBK Architecture & Engineering, Houston, as president of PBK Healthcare.
• Hnedak Bobo Group, Memphis, Tenn., and Bullock Smith & Partners, Nashville, have merged. The architecture, interior design, and project and development management firm will operate under the Hnedak Bobo Group brand.