Oregon adopts green building and assessment program
Golden Globes green building guidance and assessment program is now recognized in Oregon State Law after state legislature approved two bills—House bills 2960 and 3672—that will provide low interest loans for energy-efficiency upgrades in schools and bolster green building tax credits.
Additionally, the first bill established the Clean Energy Deployment Program, which will operate under the Oregon Department of Energy. The program will provide grants and loans to schools that apply for energy-efficiency projects over the next four years. Oregon is one of 22 states to adopt the Green Building Initiatives program.
More like this
- USGBC’s Center for Green Schools releases Best of Green Schools 2011
- DOE launches database on energy performance of 60,000 buildings
- PVs play new roles as a teaching tool
- Sustainability tops the syllabus at net-zero energy school in Texas
- Honeywell's School Energy and Environment Survey: 68% of districts delayed or eliminated improvements because of economy