Leigh Mires joins Thornton Tomasetti as chief learning officer
Mires is charged with advancing the firm’s organizational development and training initiatives.
Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that Leigh Mires has joined the firm in the newly created position of chief learning officer. Ms. Mires, who has more than 20 years of experience, is charged with advancing the firm’s organizational development and training initiatives. She will be based in the firm’s New York headquarters.
• Prior to joining Thornton Tomasetti, Ms. Mires was a principal and owner of The Mires Collaborative, LLC, a corporate organizational development and training firm in Austin, Texas. Before starting her own company, she was the director of organizational development and training at Walter P Moore, a multidisciplinary engineering firm in Houston, Texas.
• Ms. Mires will focus on the firm’s professional development and training programs, establishing clear career paths and competencies for staff and performance management systems. Other duties include involvement in translating the corporate vision into operational goals and revamping the organization’s task roles and systems throughout the firm’s practices.
• She holds a bachelor’s degree in English and history and a master’s degree in interdisciplinary studies from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. Ms. Mires is certified in Evidence Based Coaching from the Fielding Graduate University in Santa Barbara, Calif., and in human resources from the Human Resources Certification Institute.
• Ms. Mires is a member of the International Coach Federation, the American Society of Training and Development, Society for Human Resources Management and the eLearning Guild.
Robert DeScenza, president, New York, Thornton Tomasetti: “Leigh will be a tremendous asset to Thornton Tomasetti in her new role as chief learning officer. Over the past two years, we have watched the firm grow exponentially, adding new offices, hiring new staff and acquiring two green building firms to add to our new sustainability practice. Having Leigh on board to manage the firm’s organizational development and growth will help create a clearly defined path for future growth and ensure that everyone is moving in the same direction.”
Leigh Mires, chief learning officer, New York, Thornton Tomasetti: “I have considerable experience implementing strategic planning initiatives within the A/E/C industry, and that involves understanding the current and future needs of the organization. Thornton Tomasetti puts a high value on excellence and I am looking forward to creating a platform that will push us above and beyond the traditional ways we think about learning.”
About Thornton Tomasetti
Thornton Tomasetti is a leader in engineering design, investigation and analysis serving clients worldwide on projects of all sizes and complexity. With practices in building structure, building skin, building performance, construction support services, property loss consulting and building sustainability, Thornton Tomasetti addresses the full life cycle of a structure. We have supported clients working in more than 50 countries, with projects that include the tallest buildings and longest spans to the restoration of prized historic properties. Founded in 1956, today Thornton Tomasetti comprises more than 700 engineering, architectural and support professionals who collaborate from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Follow Thornton Tomasetti On
More like this
- Aine Brazil of Thornton Tomasetti honored as Woman of Influence
- Best Firms, Walter P Moore: Three-tiered Plan Keeps Skilled Employees
- Vivenzio named vice president of building performance practice at Thornton Tomasetti’s New York Office
- Vyhanek joins Thornton Tomasetti’s Kansas City office
- Boyer joins Thornton Tomasetti as vice president in New York office