Ledcor Construction Donates $75,000 to Construction Center

August 11, 2010

Ledcor Construction, Inc. recently donated $75,000 toward the creation of a Construction Internship and Career Development Center within the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering at San Diego State University (SDSU). The gift will be disbursed in $25,000 per year increments for three years.

This is Ledcor Construction's second gift in support of construction engineering management (CEM) education at San Diego State University. Ledcor previously created a scholarship program for CEM students at SDSU. In the past, Ledcor also has donated toward the establishment of endowed scholarships at construction science and construction management programs at Purdue University and Texas A&M University.

The San Diego State University construction internship program will help fulfill the future professional construction engineering and management workforce needs of San Diego's building industry.

Dr. Ken Walsh, director of the internship program at SDSU, pointed out that, "Only through dynamic partnerships such as this one can we prepare new construction leaders for San Diego. Ledcor's commitment to the Center is critical toour success."

Graduates of San Diego State University's J.R. Filanc Construction Engineering and Management (CEM) program receive a bachelor's degree in construction engineering through the university's Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering. Started in 2002, the CEM program is supported by gifts from the construction community and is the only one of its kind in San Diego. Ledcor is just one of a number of local San Diego companies participating in the establishment of the internship center.

Founded in 1947, Ledcor Construction Inc. is ranked among San Diego's top 10 commercial contracting firms and is one of North America's leading privately held, employee-owned construction companies.

         
 

RELATED ARTICLES FROM BD+C

Comments on: "Ledcor Construction Donates $75,000 to Construction Center "