Faculty House, a 1923 McKim Mead White building on Columbia University’s East Campus, could no longer support the school’s needs, so the historic 38,000-sf building was transformed into a modern faculty dining room, graduate student meeting center, and event space for visiting lecturers, large banquets, and alumni organizations. Bogdanow Partners Architects gutted the interior but restored the building’s façade, clay tile roof, terrazzo floors, ornamental marble stairs, and plaster moldings. New windows that match the details of the period units were installed, as were three elevators, four commercial kitchens, audio-visual equipment, a modern data network, new restrooms, lighting, and HVAC system. Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (building envelope), structural engineer Dewhurst-McFarland, and contractor F.J. Sciame Construction rounded out the Building Team. The project earned LEED Gold.