Firestone Building Products Unveils FirestoneRoof Mobile Web App
INDIANAPOLIS – January 28, 2011 – As mobile technology continues to change the way we communicate, Firestone Building Products Company, LLC, today unveiled FirestoneRoof, a first-of-its-kind free mobile web app. The FirestoneRoof mobile web app enables customers to instantly connect with Firestone commercial roofing experts and is designed to make it easier for building owners, facility managers, roofing consultants and others charged with maintaining commercial roofing systems to get the support they need, when they need it.
“At Firestone, we continually strive to make it easier and more convenient for building owners and facility managers to access the people and resources they need, especially if they are experiencing an issue with their roof,” said John Geary, vice president of marketing at Firestone Building Products. “A new innovation for the commercial roofing industry, the FirestoneRoof mobile app provides another convenient way to instantly connect with Firestone experts for on-the-spot solutions to all your commercial roofing needs. Since Firestone has a network of over 3,500 licensed contractors, there are trained roofing professionals conveniently located nearby.”
The FirestoneRoof mobile web app features the following functionality:
- Ask a local expert – Offers the opportunity to submit questions regarding commercial roofing systems and components to Firestone’s Quality Building Services team.
- Report a leaky roof – Allows building owners and facility managers experiencing a problem with their warranted or non-warranted commercial roof to immediately report the issue on-site through mobile technology.
- Request an in-depth roof analysis – Enables customers to have a local roof services provider conduct an on-site visit and detailed assessment. (Minimum cost, plus expenses).
- GPS locator and image upload – Shares detailed location and issue information to help the service team find, and in many cases, identify your roofing problem.
The FirestoneRoof mobile web app is available for use on mobile phones equipped with Internet access, with options to e-mail a request or click-to-talk with a representative. Future versions of the mobile app will include access to information about Firestone’s comprehensive line of roofing products and services.
To download the FirestoneRoof app, AT&T customers using an iPhone or iPad can search for “FirestoneRoof” in the iTunes App Store. Verizon, Alltel and U.S. Cellular customers can text “FBP” to 84773 from their mobile phone. A direct link to the mobile web application will immediately be sent to your phone. For those with other providers, please note that the app will be available on the Sprint, Nextel, T-Mobile and Boost Mobile networks in the coming weeks. A web-based version of the mobile app can be accessed through www.firestonebpco.com/mobileapp.
About Firestone Building Products Company, LLC:
Firestone Building Products Company, LLC (FSBP) is a leading manufacturer of EPDM, TPO, asphalt and metal roofing systems, polyiso insulation, and accessories for the commercial roofing industry. Firestone also offers a number of green roofing products including photovoltaic, daylighting, and vegetative roofing systems. Beyond superior roofing products, FSBP offers installation expertise and product support through roofing solutions and technical services departments and an international network of roofing contractors, distributors and field sales representatives. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Ind., FSBP is a subsidiary of Firestone Diversified Products, LLC (FSDP). Visit the FSBP website at www.firestonebpco.com.
More like this
- Firestone iPad app offers touch technology
- 18 handy tablet apps for AEC professionals
- Firestone Building Products launches new website
- GREENBUILD 2011: Kingspan Insulated Panels spotlights first-of-its-kind Environmental Product Declaration
- Kingspan Insulated Panels Announces Path to NetZero Mobile App