Diamond + Schmitt selected for new UBC law school in Toronto
The University of British Columbia has chosen Diamond + Schmitt Architects, Toronto, along with CEI Architecture Planning Interiors, Vancouver, to design its new Faculty of Law building on the Vancouver campus. The 139,000-sf building will sit adjacent to the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts and will provide space for more than 50 faculty members, 600 undergraduate students, and 100 graduate students. The $50 million project will include contemporary classrooms, 80% more space for student services, a moot court that will triple in size, an 18% larger Law Library, and new research spaces.
More like this
- Health sciences building under way at Santa Fe Community College
- Vancouver Tower Will Have the Foster Touch
- Green Goes Underground: Canada's largest geothermal system lies beneath the country's newest university
- Sustainable city hall conserves water, purifies air
- Perkins+Will merges with Vermeulen Hind Architects, offically launches Perkins+Will Canada