The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) has named a new chairman at its 88th Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
Matthew L. Brace, Vice President Central Region – CMC Americas, Commercial Metals Company, was elected CRSI chairman on May 1. He joined Commercial Metals Company in 2000 as a Regional Sales Representative for the South Carolina mill. Since then, he has worked as the general manager of sales for both the South Carolina and Alabama mills, the vice president of sales for all of the Americas’ mills, in marketing for the Americas and in sales for the Rebar Fabrication division His current duties include Central Region P&L management for the fabrication, recycling, and mill operations.
In addition, Scott Stevens of Dimension Fabricators was elected to the board of directors. He will serve a two-year term. Stevens was also elected vice-chair.
The CRSI 2012 Board of Directors Officers and Executive Committee members include:
- Chairman Mathew Brace, CMC Americas, Seguin, Texas
- Vice-Chairman Scott Stevens, Dimension Fabricators, Scotia, N.Y.
- Secretary/Treasurer Michael Deis, Dayton Superior, Dayton, Ohio
- Past Chairman John P. Simmet, Simcote, St. Paul, Minn.
- James (Pete) L. Diggs, Gerdau, Nashville, Tenn.
- Robert J. Stone, Nucor Steel, Charlotte, N.C. +