Construction error suspected in Miami-Dade College garage collapse
A construction error is the chief suspect in the partial collapse of a parking garage at Miami-Dade College in Doral, FL.
A construction error is the chief suspect in the partial collapse of a parking garage at Miami-Dade College in Doral, Fla.
Because of the way the floor slabs in one section of the Miami-Dade garage appear to have come down — all on one side, while remaining attached to a side wall at the other — some structural engineers and construction tradespeople said that investigators will look first at construction error, as opposed to faulty design, as a likely cause.
Click here to read more. +
More like this
- OSHA investigating parking garage collapse that kills four at Doral, Fla. college
- Questions linger over ability of Miami's newer high-rises to withstand hurricanes
- Miami to build world-class performing arts center
- Stanley's Dura-Storm 3000 Series automatic sliding glass doors
- Hotel tax increase for renovation of Miami Dolphins stadium hinges on Super Bowl site selection