Construction begins on Louisiana State Sports Hall of Fame
Heavy construction and foundation work has started on the new Louisiana State Sports Hall of Fame and Regional History Museum in Natchitoches, La. Designed by Trahan Architects, Baton Rouge, the $12 million, 28,000-sf museum will be clad in sinker cypress planks as a nod to the region’s rich timber legacy and to help control light, views, and ventilation throughout the facility. A large atrium will serve as a place for special events and gatherings.
More like this
- Jacobs, Arup, AECOM top BD+C's ranking of the nation's 75 largest international design firms
- Economic outlook for construction continues to decline in 2009
- JE Dunn, Balfour Beatty among country's biggest institutional building contractors, according to BD+C's Giants 300 report
- That's one heavy-duty ticket booth
- Modest recession for education construction