Chicago high-rise mixes condos with classrooms for Art Institute students
The Legacy at Millennium Park is a 72-story, mixed-use complex that rises high above Chicago’s Michigan Avenue. The glass tower, designed by Solomon Cordwell Buenz, is mostly residential, but also includes 41,000 sf of classroom space for the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and another 7,400 sf of retail space. The building’s 355 one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom condominiums range from 875 sf to 9,300 sf, and there are seven levels of parking. Sky patios on the 15th, 42nd, and 60th floors give owners outdoor access and views of Lake Michigan.
More like this
- Chicago office building will serve tenants and historic church
- Loyola University Chicago’s high-tech digital library gets LEED Silver certification
- Private rooms, sky lobbies will be the focus of children's hospital
- Under40 Leadership Summit draws 71 young leaders to Chicago
- 2012 Reconstruction Award Bronze Winner: Walsh Group Training and Conference Center, Chicago, Ill.