BOMA International joins coalition to standardize how buildings are measured
BOMA International recently joined the International Property Measurement Standards Coalition (IPMSC). The coalition includes professional and non-governmental organizations from around the world and is focused on developing a principle-based standard for the way buildings are measured globally. With so many different methods of measuring floor space in use, it makes it difficult for global investors and tenants to accurately compare space, BOMA says. With the implementation of global property measurement standards, properties will be consistently measured; creating a more transparent marketplace, greater public trust, stronger investor confidence and increased market stability.
More like this
- IPMSC chooses members of committee for global property measurement standard
- Survey Shows BOMA 360 Designees Demonstrate Operational Savings and Compete for Tenants
- BOMA’s 360 Performance Program approaches 600 building designees
- No evidence that mandatory building energy labeling improves efficiency, study says
- BOMA joins DOE and commercial real estate executives to launch alliance to reduce energy consumption