The Benefits of Emissions Reduction Programs
Originally Broadcast: January 9, 2008
In addition to ensuring a clean environment for our descendants, and improving the quality of life for all of us today, what are the other benefits of Emissions Reduction Programs to us as users, vendors and Maintenance/Fleet managers?
• Why retrofit?
• What are we reducing?
• What technologies are we applying?
• What are the challenges?
• CEM Credit
• How do we do it?
Featured Speakers :
Lorne W. Fleming, CEM, is Director of Equipment Division at Grace Pacific Corporation.
Lorne worked for Genstar Construction in the Western US, eventually becoming Equipment Superintendent for the Region.
He operated a Maintenance Management Business in San Diego for ten years, specializing in Marine and Petroleum Jobber sites and Transportation. In 1999 Lorne became Territory Manager for ROADTEC, INC, a Construction Equipment Manufacturer, with responsibility for Arizona, California and Hawaii. In 2003 he accepted a position in Hawaii with Grace Pacific Corporation as Shop manager and was recently promoted to Director, Equipment Division.
•Wade A. Wessels, Project Engineer, Exhaust/Emissions Group, Donaldson Company, Inc.
• Project Engineer in Emissions Engineering Group at Donaldson Company, Inc. a $2 B Global Filtration Supplier
• BS Mechanical Engineering from Iowa State University of Science and Technology
• 3.5 years of work in the emissions and emissions retrofit businesses
• Field work and application experience with DOC’s, DMF’s, DPF’s, Crankcase filtration and DPF cleaning machines
• Experience in retrofitting both on-road and off-road applications
• Involved with product verification procedures with CARB and EPA