ASTM releases new carbon steel hollow structural sections
ASTM has released a new HSS standard, A1085 - 13 Standard Specification for Cold-Formed Welded Carbon Steel Hollow Structural Sections (HSS), which will result in the production of improved hollow structural sections (HSS), according to The American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC). This specification is a big step forward in simplifying HSS design and usage, thereby making it a more desirable option for HSS, AISC says.
More like this
- New ASTM standard enhances hollow structural sections
- 2013 edition of Selected ASTM Standards for Structural Steel Fabrication now available
- SFIA releases technical guide for cold-formed steel framing products
- New AISC design guide on structural stainless steel now available
- Steel Stud Manufacturers Association donates $100,000 to industry research