AIA Course: Designing and building with structural steel
Structural steel has been a popular framing material for more than a century. This free AIA/CES course from Building Design+Construction details new developments that are affecting the use of structural steel, including the integrated project delivery approach, and describes factors affecting the safety and sustainability of structural steel in project design and construction.
What you will learn
After reading this article, you should be able to:
* Describe new developments affecting the use of structural steel in nonresidential building projects.
* Understand how integrated project delivery affects project steel scheduling and coordination.
* List and describe factors affecting the safety and sustainability of structural steel in project design and construction.
Take this free AIA course at:
www.loginandlearn.com/course/overview.php?courseid=888 (short registration required)
More like this
- AIA Course: Lightweight steel construction for commercial buildings
- AIA Course: Green power — Sustainable building techniques and technologies
- AIA Course: Novel glass technologies for commercial buildings
- AIA Course: Concrete buildings — New technology, new approaches
- AIA Course: How to design commercial restrooms that work right