AGC advocates for federal procurement reform
Ensure that small business goals take into consideration actual small business capacity in relevant specialty markets.
Representatives from The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) testified at a Congressional hearing for reform of the federal procurement process. AGC's recommendations include:
- Create safe harbor standards that do not penalize contractors for making good faith efforts to abide by SBA rules and regulations.
- Limit overreliance on construction to achieve overall agency small business contracting goals.
- Ensure that small business goals take into consideration actual small business capacity in relevant specialty markets.
- Count all small business participation at all contracting tiers.
- Revise the bundling definition to clarify that contract bundling rules apply to construction procurements.
For more information, click here. BD+C