Survey: Market demand now key driver for green construction
Construction firms across the world expect 60% of their projects to be environmentally friendly by 2015, according to the SmartMarket Report of McGraw-Hill Construction. The key driver to going green, according to the survey, is that green building now represents a business imperative around the world. In the 2008 report, the top driver for green building was “doing the right thing.” However in 2012, business drivers such as client and market demand are more important market influencers.
More like this
- Report ranks BD&C #1 media source for green building information
- Green building market grows 50% in two years; Green Outlook 2011 report
- National Studies Show Green Building Creates Green Jobs that Save Energy and Money
- GREENBUILD 2011: Growing green building market supports 661,000 green jobs in the U.S.
- Report: Nearly half of construction industry now using BIM