Southern Pine Inspection Bureau publishes new design values effective June 1
New design values for all sizes and grades of visually graded Southern Pine dimension lumber were published in the Southern Pine Inspection Bureau’s (SPIB) Supplement No.13 to the 2002 Standard Grading Rules for Southern Pine Lumber on Feb. 11. New design values, effective June 1, apply only to new construction; the integrity of existing structures designed and built using design values meeting applicable building codes at the time of permitting does not change.
More like this
- Lumber Standard Committee approves new Southern Pine design value changes
- Task force addresses questions regarding visually graded Southern Pine lumber
- Process leads to new design values for southern pine and other visually graded dimension lumber
- NRCA offers program on new fall-protection requirements
- Sherwin-Williams Zero-VOC Claim Misleading, Says BBB