Rail yard in Connecticut to help enhance East Coast train operations
Electrical installations for the New Haven Rail Yard and Diesel Storage Yard have been completed, moving the project closer to completion. Wayne J. Griffin Electric Inc. provided electrical services, installing new yard lighting systems to illuminate three non-electrified tracks and four turnouts.
Part of the Rail Yard Facilities Improvement program, the rail yard project increases train operations and services to accommodate future business expansions. When construction is completed, the facility will comprise storage, dispatch, inspection, maintenance, and cleaning space over 70 acres. O&G Industries Inc. and PB Americas Inc. provided construction and architectural services.
More like this
- Griffin Electric completes Gwinnett Tech project
- Transit spurs development
- New York Mayor Bloomberg opens nation's first multi-story green industrial facility and announces new green manufacturing plant at Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Electrical installation work completed at Rhode Island DMV
- McCarthy begins construction on transportation center at Bob Hope Airport