Fire and hurricane rated glazed wall assemblies installed at multi-family residence in Florida
SAFTI FIRST developed, engineered and successfully tested the first-ever fire and hurricane rated assembly for the Las Olas Beach Club and Condominium, a luxurious multi-family residence in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
The architect wanted to design the units with as much glazing as possible so residents can enjoy views of the surrounding area from their home. However, the building codes required the assembly to provide fire and hurricane protection.
To meet all design and code requirements, SAFTI FIRST worked with the entire Building Team to deliver a complete listed and labeled assembly that met the following test standards:
ASTM E-119/UL 263/NFPA 251 for up to 2 hours. Provides full radiant heat protection.
TAS 201, TAS 202 and TAS 203 for Miami Dade County.cASTM E-1196, ASTM E-330, ASTM E-1886, ASTM E-283-99, ASTM E-331-00, AAMA 1304-02 for UL Certification.
After successful testing, SAFTI FIRST supplied 76 fire and hurricane window/wall systems rated up to 60 minutes for the individual units and 120-minute fire and hurricane rated assemblies for the lobby area.
Blue-green tint was also applied to the glass as a decorative element.
Project Profile: Las Olas Beach Club and Condominiums in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Architect: The Sieger Suarez Architectural Partnership
Contract Glazier: RC Aluminum
Product: Fire and Hurricane Rated SuperLite II-XL in SAFTIfire Hurricane Framing
More like this
- SAFTI FIRST announces 3D Autodesk Revit models for fire rated wall, window, and door systems
- Safti First's two-hour fire rated GPX Framing achieves Level 8 Ballistic Rating
- SAFTI FIRST to debut free apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad at AIA Convention
- San Diego condominiums provide panoramic views despite strict code regulations
- SAFTI FIRST hosts architectural summit in New York