Design ups comfort, care in cancer center
A new cancer center is slated to open in fall 2011 at Banner Gateway Medical Center, Gilbert, Ariz. The three-story, 120,000-sf, $107 million cancer center will contain physician clinics, medical imaging, radiation oncology, infusion therapy, and support services. A/E firm Cannon Design has created a visually open, column-free interior to increase patient comfort and care. Punctuating the exterior of the building is a tall, open-air lantern tower with color-changing LED lighting and organic leaf patterns.
More like this
- Arizona outpatient cancer center to light a ‘lantern of hope’
- Cancer center being readied in the Poconos
- Work under way on cancer center in California's OC
- HKS leverages Revu and Bluebeam Studio for IPD on the Banner Health MD Anderson Health Center project
- Payette completes Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute