China to build sustainable city for 180,000 from scratch
A 120-million sf urban development in China will be designed according to high green standards for about 180,000 residents.
A 120-million sf urban development in China will be designed according to high green standards for about 180,000 residents. The Meixi Lake project will feature neighborhood clusters, parks, mountains, lakes and canals.
"We can combine water transport with localized energy production, cluster neighborhood centers, advanced flood prevention and water management, and urban agriculture," said James von Klemperer, a principal at Kohn Pederson Fox Associates, who will work on the project along with engineering firm Arup.
Click here to learn more. +
More like this
- Food distribution center to create more than 100 jobs in Newark
- Energizing Atlanta: Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
- Coastal resort community embraces California style
- Campus-wide energy-efficiency program aims to deliver $3.5 million in energy and operational savings
- Thornton Tomasetti/Fore Solutions provides consulting for Biologics Support Center