Canary Island resort to offer historic charm and modern luxury
OBM International, Coral Gables, Fla., is designing the Pasito Blanco Resort and Spa in the Canary Islands’ Gran Canaria to reflect its tropical environment. Not only are the architects reinterpreting the island’s historic colonial architecture—using white walls, volcanic stones, and wood balconies and other detailing—they are designing the complex to cascade down a hillside to the rocky cliffs and coastline. When completed, the luxury hotel will cluster 160 rooms in detached villas and include a spa, several bars and restaurants, multiple pools, and rooftop lounges.
More like this
- June 2011: On the Drawing Board
- SB Architects completes Mission Hills Volcanic Mineral Springs and Spa in China
- Historic Rhode Island hotel reborn with modern amenities
- Mexico resort/conference complex adopts colonial style
- GREC Architects announces opening of the Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort and Spa