Build-to-suit science and technology center breaks ground in Cambridge, Mass.
Construction is under way on the Alexandria Center at Kendall Square, a $500 million, 1.73-million-sf, 11-acre build-to-suit science and technology campus in Cambridge, Mass. The first facility at the center is a six-story, 307,000-sf glass and terra cotta-clad building, being design by Spagnolo Gisness & Associates, to house Biogen Idec, a global biotechnology company. The center will comprise five buildings, each designed for LEED certification with laboratory and high-tech office settings. The project will feature a two-acre park, verdant landscaping, and access to the Charles River.
More like this
- January 2012: On the Drawing Board
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. breaks ground on Alexandria Center in Cambridge, Mass.
- High School Project Gets the OK—45 Years Later
- New Reform Jewish Independent school opens outside Boston
- Florida developer hopes to transform failing mall to mixed-use magnet