1. Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit opens in Kentucky (BD+C)
"The CICU includes 17 private rooms for children recovering from heart procedures, including open heart surgery, heart transplant, and other conditions requiring intensive care. The goal of the redesign was to provide better patient- and family-centric services."
2. Construction employment declines in 326 out of 358 metro areas in April (AGC)
"Association says new transportation proposal could help restore jobs."
3. Virginia makes GCs liable for subs employee wages (BD+C)
"New law allows workers to sue GCs for wages in class action."
4. Renovation can turn older university buildings into high-performing labs (BD+C)
"Colleges, universities, corporations, and governments are finding that adapting older buildings to house laboratory facilities can be a viable alternative to new construction—if the conditions are right."
5. Show's Over For AMC Theatres? (Bisnow)
"AMC Entertainment Holdings, which operates almost 1,000 movie theaters in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East, said in a regulatory filing this week that there is uncertainty about its survival."
6. What Will College Be Like in the Fall? (New York Times)
"Administrators, professors, a union representative and students consider the new realities of life on campus in the midst of a pandemic."
7. Mall Stocks Surge with Shoppers Coming Back Faster Than Expected (Bloomberg via National Real Estate Investor)
"At North Carolina centers owned by Tanger traffic was at 80 percent of pre-pandemic levels."