1. New multifamily project includes energy storage as an amenity (BD+C)
"A new multifamily complex in Herriman, Utah includes a first-of-its-kind amenity in each of its 600 units: a battery that is linked to an on-site solar panel array. The network of solar powered battery storage systems is known as a Virtual Power Plant and is fully managed by Rocky Mountain Power."
2. A welcoming entry-point for wellness screening anywhere (BD+C)
"Leo A Daly and Turner Construction have partnered on the development of a design-build concept called WorkWell™, an assembly of prefabricated components designed to allow employers, schools, venues, airports and public spaces to efficiently screen large groups of entrants for signs of infectious disease."
3. Black & Veatch, DPR, Haskell, McCarthy launch COVID-19 construction safety coalition (NEXT Coalition)
"The NEXT Coalition will challenge engineering and construction firms to enhance health and safety amid the Coronavirus pandemic."
4. House-passed bill making needed improvements to paycheck protection program will allow construction firms to save more jobs (AGC)
"Construction official urges senate and White House to quickly pass and sign into law the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act."
5. AIA releases new, updated sustainable project documents (BD+C)
"The American Institute of Architects (AIA) recently released new, updated AIA contract documents to support businesses to reach sustainability goals and programming."
6. In a Post-COVID World, Office Landlords May Be More Willing to Offer Short-Term, Flexible Leases (National Real Estate Investor)
"As corporate tenants figure out how much space they may need in the long term, office landlords have little choice but to be flexible."
7. One-way halls, lunch at desk, playing alone. L.A. schools could reopen with stark rules (Los Angeles Times)
"Sixteen students to a class. One-way hallways. Students lunch at their desks. Children could get one ball to play with — alone. Masks are required. A staggered school day brings on new schedules to juggle. These campus scenarios could play out based on new Los Angeles County school reopening guidelines released Wednesday."