1. Perkins and Will, Healthy Building Network advise against the use of antimicrobial building products (BD+C)
"According to Perkins and Will and the nonprofit Healthy Building Network, building products with antimicrobial treatments are not proved to be a safe or effective means of controlling the spread of COVID-19."
2. 5 ways to improve hand washing and minimize germs in public restrooms (BD+C)
"Germaphobes rejoice! Public restrooms may soon become a much more sanitary place than they have been in the past thanks to the effects of COVID-19. "
3. Designers, owners reinventing restaurants to cope with COVID-19 (BD+C)
"Options include rearranged seating, mobile ordering, designated flow spaces."
4. Architects, health experts release strategies, tools for safely reopening buildings (AIA)
"As communities across the US initiate phased reopening plans, The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is releasing new resources today to support employers, public officials and design professionals with re-occupying buildings more safely."
5. The Spectacular Rise and Fall of WeWork (Bloomberg)
"In less than one year, WeWork went from having a $47 billion valuation and being the darling of the venture capital world to needing an $8 billion infusion to avoid running out of money. This is the story of how we got here."
6. Office Owners Are In No Hurry For Tenants To Return (Bisnow)
"Owners of office buildings that have stood mainly vacant since the start of the coronavirus pandemic in March say they aren't in a rush to see their tenants return when they are permitted to do so by government officials."