1. CallisonRTKL to design one of the world’s first net-zero airports (BD+C)
"Guadalajara Airport Terminal 2 will be a 30 gate, 1.2 million-sf terminal that places the passenger experience at the center of the design. It will also be one of the first net-zero airports in the world."
2. California utility adopts climate emergency declaration (BD+C)
"The declaration includes a commitment to working toward an ambitious goal of delivering carbon-neutral electricity by 2030. “The declaration recognizes the immediate risks to our community and demands bold action to achieve results,” according to a SMUD news release."
3. For the fourth consecutive quarter, Los Angeles leads the U.S. hotel construction pipeline at the close of Q2’ 20 (Lodging Econometrics)
"New York City continues to have the greatest number of projects under construction, with 106 projects/18,354 rooms."
4. 'The robots are coming': Hotels adjust to new reality with some unusual tools (Bisnow)
"Having to adhere to new, enhanced, stricter health and cleaning standards, and adjusting to new consumer behaviors toward human-to-human interactions, hotel operators and hospitality experts say they expect to see an acceleration in demand for robots to clean and sanitize rooms and deliver food and drink."
5. Where are the top tech talent markets? (Commercial Property Executive)
"Three metros continue their dominance, while the entire sector looks to weather the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic."
6. U.S. Airlines Face the End of Business Travel as They Knew It (Bloomberg, via National Real Estate Investor)
"Half the respondents in a survey of Fortune 500 CEOs said trips at their companies would never return to what they were before Covid-19."