1. Luxembourg office complex breaks ground in Belval (BD+C)
"Dubbed ICÔNE, the 202,000-sf office complex has an interior reminiscent of an Escher painting, filled with light and greenery."
2. How owners should comply with OSHA roofing safety guidelines (BD+C)
"Buildings should have fall protection and restraint provisions for those who go on roofs."
3. Nonresidential construction spending falls in April (ABC)
"Of the 16 subcategories, 13 were down on a monthly basis. Private nonresidential spending declined 1.3% in April, while public nonresidential construction spending was down 2.5% for the month."
4. COVID-19 and teaching the next generation of nurses (Clark Nexsen)
"COVID-19 hasn’t just upended healthcare delivery, the workplace, and all levels of education – the economic toll is still being realized – and capital projects on college and university campuses will inevitably be impacted as public and privately funded projects adjust to the budget crunch."
5. As Stores Reopen, How Quickly Will Retail Recover? (Commercial Property Executive)
"Marcus & Millichap’s latest report details how the sector was forced to adjust to the COVID-19 crisis and how the reopenings may play out."