Whirlpool has introduced the new Whirlpool Smart All-in-One Washer and Dryer, a CES 2019 Innovation Award Honoree that completes a load of laundry in the same machine, allowing for one load to be completely washed and dried without moving items from the washer to the dryer. Whirlpool brand's newly upgraded laundry unit features smart laundry capabilities through the Whirlpool app, and coming soon, voice control with a compatible voice-enabled device will be available to make laundry easier from start to finish.*
"Removing little steps in our daily routines makes a surprisingly big difference, especially when laundry can keep you tethered to appliances all day," said Nelly Martínez Garza, laundry brand manager, Whirlpool brand. "We're changing how laundry is done with the new Whirlpool Smart All-In-One Washer and Dryer, which eliminates transfer between the washer and dryer. The technology allows families to get a load of laundry done - wash to dry - without multiple trips to the laundry room."
Whirlpool Smart All-In-One Washer & Dryer features include:
- Load & Go XL Plus Dispenser: Add a few extra minutes back into a busy day by skipping a step - measuring and filling detergent. Simply add detergent and fabric softener once and skip refills for 40 loads.† Automatic dispensing ensures each load gets the right amount of detergent, at the right time, giving clothing precise fabric care.
- Voice Control with Compatible Voice-Enabled Device: Coming soon in 2019, you will be able to keep up with laundry no matter what, even when in the middle of cooking dinner, with simple voice commands using a Google Assistant or an Amazon Alexa-enabled device. You will be able to access features of the Whirlpool® Smart All-In-One Washer & Dryer from the comfort of the living room using Amazon Alexa and Google Home, or Apple Watch.‡.
- Smart Laundry Capabilities with the Whirlpool® app: When enjoying time with family, consumers can still control the Whirlpool Smart All-In-One Washer & Dryer through a smartphone with the enhanced connection features from the Whirlpool app. Through the app, families can program their laundry cycle to get the desired outcome every time by keeping laundry moving from start to finish. Some innovative connected capabilities include:
- Launching in 2019, Task Manager: Manage laundry day from anywhere. The Whirlpool app will allow users to assign family members tasks like transferring a load to the dryer or folding clean clothes, which they'll receive a notification about on their smart mobile devices.
- Coming soon, Amazon Dash Replenishment, allowing users to automatically reorder laundry supplies from Amazon when running low so supplies never run out.
For more information on the brand's care-centric product innovations and to join the conversation, visit ces.whirlpool.com and follow #ConnectToMore #CES2019.
* WiFi & App Required. Features subject to change. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect. Appliance must be set to Remote Enable for remote control capabilities.
† Model WFC9820H. Based on an 8-lb load.
‡ Voice control availability may vary by region.