The US construction & real estate industry saw a drop of 30.4% in overall deal activity during December 2019, when compared with the last 12-month average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
A total of 48 deals worth $505.11m were announced in December 2019, compared to the 12-month average of 69 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 34 deals which accounted for 70.8% of all deals.
In second place was private equity with 11 deals, followed by venture financing with three transactions, respectively accounting for 22.9% and 6.3% of overall deal activity in the country's construction & real estate industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in the US construction & real estate industry with total deals worth $463.1m, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $40.21m and $1.8m, respectively.
US construction & real estate industry deals in December 2019: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry deals accounted for 99.6% of the overall value during December 2019.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate deals stood at $503m, against the overall value of $505.11m recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1. Huntsman's $350m acquisition of Icynene-Lapolla
2. The $92m acquisition of NewSouth Window Solutions by PGT Innovations
3. Accomplice, Insight Partners, JLL Spark Global Venture Fund, Navitas Capital and Pritzker Group Venture Capital's $34.2m venture financing of HqO
4. The $20.8m asset transaction with CBL & Associates Properties by Horizon Group Properties
5. Halogen Ventures, Link Ventures, LLLP, Luma Launch, Rest Seed Fund, Techstars Ventures and Western Technology Investment's venture financing of Trust & Will for $6m.