Univ. of Nebraska-Omaha fire could prompt building code changes

A dormitory fire at the University of Nebraska at Omaha that displaced with 42 students (but caused no injuries) could trigger local building code changes. The residence hall fire was the latest in a string of Omaha fires caused by discarded cigarettes. Code changes could include fire-resistant materials on new apartment balconies, attic sprinklers, and requirements that permits be pulled on renovations or electrical work inside attics.


Overlay Init