Fort Ticonderoga, in Ticonderoga, N.Y., along Lake Champlain, dates to 1755 and was the site of battles in the French and Indian War and the American Revolution. The new $20.8 million, 15,000-sf Deborah Clarke Mars Education Center pays homage to the French magasin du Roi (the King’s warehouse) at the fort. Tonetti Associates Architects, based in Manhattan, designed the center to reflect the look and feel of the original warehouse. Stone quarried less than a mile from the fort contributed to LEED points for the use of local materials. Geothermal heating and cooling, certified wood, and energy efficient lighting also helped the project earn LEED certification.