• Hill Glazier Architects , a 40-person hospitality design firm based in Palo Alto, Calif., has merged with Dallas-based HKS Architects , a top-five national architecture/engineering firm. HKS and Hill Glazier have worked together for more than 10 years on hospitality projects, and HG principals John Hill and Bob Glazier will take on management roles in the newly named HKS Hill Glazier Palo Alto Studio.
• New York-based consulting engineer Cosentini Associates has appointed K. Brett Malak director of Cosentini Lighting Design. Malak will oversee the design and management of the firm’s lighting design projects and will serve as liaison between Cosentini’s lighting design and MEP engineering teams.
• Craig Deering , AIA, LEED, has been named principal in RTKL ’s Workplace Studio Group in Washington, D.C.
• Rock Island, Ill.-based KJWW Engineering Consultants has acquired EME LLC, a mechanical and electrical engineer based in Chicago. EME has 58 employees, including 30 mechanical engineers and 13 electrical engineers.
• San Francisco-based structural engineer Degenkolb Engineers has named Zubald Karim principal at its San Diego office.
• Jack Weber, IIDA, has been named an owner of Gresham, Smith and Partners , Nashville, Tenn. Weber serves as a principal in the firm’s corporate and urban design group.
• Baldassano Architecture, Ronkonkoma, N.Y., has promoted three principals to partner: Alex Badalamenti, Philip Monastero, and Tom Cromer. As part of the firm’s succession plan, the partners will be responsible for the management, design, and financial aspects of the firm.
• Richard Hibbs has joined WD Partners, Columbus, Ohio, as regional director of the firm’s Dallas office.
• Mark Filanc, PE, DBIA, has been appointed president and COO of J.R. Filanc Construction Co., San Diego.
For more: www.BDCnetwork.com.