Newforma, a project information management (PIM) software company improving building and infrastructure project delivery, today announced that a new version of its design project management software, Newforma Project Analyzer, has been validated by leading architecture and engineering firms and is now commercially available.
EYP Architecture & Engineering has validated new and enhanced features that enable architecture and engineering firms to more effectively drive predictable, profitable project delivery. EYP Chief Information Officer Bradley Horstexplains, “Newforma Project Analyzer enables EYP to better understand and manage not only the planning and deployment of resources firm-wide, but also the progress being made by individual project teams. In addition, as the single source of data for project management and analysis, Newforma Project Analyzer allows a more granular, consistent, and timely view into project commitments for individual team members. These capabilities offer key benefits for our expertise-driven practice and should help us drive even better project outcomes.”
EYP Principal and Director of Project Delivery Tyson Curcio said, “We have streamlined and reorganized our planning process using Newforma Project Analyzer. As a 350-person firm with multiple office locations, we had grown too large to use disconnected tools to plan resources and manage our business. We needed a tool to review current project planning, shifting demands, and the impacts of a dynamic service environment across our entire organization. After looking at what the market had to offer, we chose Newforma Project Analyzer, and are pleased with what we’ve experienced in this latest release. Newforma continues to deliver what the industry has needed for so long: a powerful suite of easy-to-use tools to help us more effectively manage our projects and ultimately better serve our clients.”
New and improved features
Today’s increasingly complex building projects challenge architecture and engineering firms to achieve both client goals and their own internal resource utilization and profitability objectives. Newforma Project Analyzer seamlessly combines planning and staffing information with historical accounting data to provide a complete picture of project performance across the entire firm. It provides up-to-date revenue, billing, staffing, and budget projections by office, by practice, and across the firm. With easy access to this information, architecture and engineering project managers and executives are able to make more informed decisions about schedules, staffing, and budgets that ultimately determine project and firm success.
Highlights of the newest features include:
· Flexible employee scheduling: Project managers can assign staff at a summary level, detail level or both, depending on the needs of the specific project, phase or task.
· Detailed task planning: A powerful set of new tools provides project managers with the ability to schedule projects quickly and easily from a task perspective.
· Support for projects on hold: Project managers can quickly and easily identify and ?re-plan a phase or project that is placed on hold, automatically updating resource assignments and making resources available for assignment.
· New and improved “Opportunity” to “Active Project” process: Upon winning the work, it’s easy to reuse workplans, budgets, and fees created during the opportunity phase.
· Sales opportunity, marketing, and overhead project management: Project managers can now effectively manage all of their efforts, including those that originate within Deltek® Vision® enterprise resource planning software. The entire firm will benefit from a more complete view of internal and external projects across the firm.
· Embedded management view editor: A new embedded report-writing tool enables analysts of all skill levels to create, modify, extend, and deploy the powerful reports and management views Newforma Project Analyzer provides.
· Support for Deltek Vision 7: Newforma Project Analyzer works seamlessly with existing Deltek Vision systems, including Vision 7.
Tom Vandervort is the senior product manager for Newforma Project Analyzer. “Today’s complex projects require tools that are powerful, flexible, and easy to use,” Vandervort said. “Newforma Project Analyzer delivers new tools that enable staffing from the resource or task perspective, in summary or in detail, based on project and business needs. When the schedule changes or the project is placed on hold, the project schedule and impacted resource assignments are immediately updated to reflect the changes. This latest release makes it easier than ever for architecture and engineering firms to make more informed business decisions.”
Newforma develops and markets project information management (PIM) software for architecture, engineering, and construction firms worldwide, and the owners they serve. Newforma is the first industry-focused and integrated solution to connect firms to each other, to their project information, to their processes, and to remote team members, all for the purpose of more successful project delivery. Firms in the Newforma Project Network are using Newforma software to manage information on more than 990,000 projects, raising productivity, reducing exposure to risk, strengthening their brands, and freeing time and attention to focus on design, construction, and client service. For more information about Newforma, visit www.newforma.com, or phone +1 603-625-6212.