What: The 22nd annual METALCON International Conference and Exhibition -it's the one event where metal construction professionals meet to learn, network and establish relationships. METALCON's unbeatable blend of product exhibits, educational programs, and demos of the latest field techniques and trends, offers insight and ideas to help build better structures and strengthen your business. All are related to the use of metal - long recognized for its low maintenance, high durability and sustainable attributes.
When/Where: Donald E Stephens Convention Center, Hall A, Rosemont, IL USA, Tuesday, October 9 through Thursday, October 11, 2012.
Who: This annual metal tradeshow draws nearly 8,000 designers, builders, developers, contractors, fabricators, and suppliers from more than 50 countries. Experts from an estimated 300 companies exhibit the latest products and technology and share their knowledge with attendees. METALCON's enormous industry support comes from its sponsor, The Metal Construction Association, and more than 100 related industry organizations and publications.
- More than 800 booths filled with the latest building products and services for those who design and build with metal - or want to learn all about metal.
- Green Island, an exhibit area featuring metal-related products that meet green building standards for recycled content, recyclability, durability, and energy efficiency.
- Solar Bay, a special pavilion in the show featuring educational forums and Solar Bay Live where world renowned experts use full-scale mock-ups of a variety of solar technologies on metal roofs and walls to present live-action demos that offer tips and trade secrets about metal and solar technology.
- A comprehensive conference program offers continuing education credits and covers every aspect of building with metal from the basics to the latest materials, tools, techniques, building codes, applications, cold-formed steel framing, green building, alternative energy, business management and marketing.
- New Product Harbor, a tabletop area featuring a selection of new product introductions.
- Industry experts from the Metal Construction Association present the latest applications and field techniques in daily demonstrations.
- Daily electronic news feed sends updates from METALCON to a national and international audience.
Background: Since METALCON began in 1991, it has been known as the ideal event to introduce and to learn about new products and ideas for the use of metal in construction.
Contact: For information about exhibiting or attending visit www.metalcon.com, or call 800-537-7765 or 617-965-0055. BD+C