The office market has showed no signs of a slowdown.
A recent report by real estate research firm JLL found that, in the fourth quarter of 2015, occupancy growth rate 1.3 times that of new supply.
Construction Dive has more information from the report. Other figures include:
- Last year’s total leasing volume increased 2.5% to 241.9 million sf over the last year.
- The tech industry represented 15.6% of the fourth-quarter leasing activity, and banking and financial services made up 11.2%.
- Total vacancies were at its lowest levels in eight years, falling to 14.7%.
- In terms of new developments, The top 10 U.S. markets accounted for 60 million sf of the 88 million sf being constructed currently.
- Growth is expected in 2016, as the nation will see 48.9 million sf of new supply, up 4.7 million sf from 2015.
- Nearly 50% of leasing activity was toward company expansions, compared to 8.3% towards downsizing.