The November issue of Building Design+Construction will feature a “progress report on sustainable design and construction” with a look to the top projects in key green building categories – and how AEC firms are keeping on top of sustainability issues.
Your firm is invited to contribute to this special issue, which will be distributed at Greenbuild San Francisco, Nov. 14-16, 2012.
Tell us what your firm is doing in sustainability that’s fresh and innovative: Using propriety environmental software? Energy modeling? Strategic planning around sustainability? Advocacy? New “green” building materials? Renewables? Net-zero? Living Buildings? Performance measurement? Human/social benefit of green building? Meeting heightened client demands for sustainability? Overcoming cost or regulatory barriers? Going beyond “point counting”? Marketing green?
Send us press releases, photo/s or renderings (low-res), PDFs, etc. – about your firm’s recent green projects (last 12-18 months).Projects could fall into several areas: LEED (minimum Gold or Platinum), Green Globes, CHPS, Living Building Challenge, Zero/Net-Zero Energy/Water/Waste, etc. – for New Construction, Renovation, Existing Buildings, Commercial Interiors, etc.
We are particularly interested in projects in the following categories:
- Healthcare Facilities (hospitals, EDs, MOBs, outpatient, specialty facilities)
- K-12 Schools (public, private, charter, Pre-K too)
- University Projects (residence halls, student unions, classroom buildings, S+T, etc.)
- Office Buildings (new, reconstructed – major fitouts)
- Reconstruction Projects (historic preservation, adaptive reuse, reconstruction with addition, major renovations and fitouts)
- Hotel/Hospitality/Restaurant Projects
- Retail Projects (mixed-use, malls, shopping centers, stores)
- Government Buildings (Fed, State, Local)
- Multifamily (rental apartment, condo, townhouse complex – no single-family)
- Military Projects (base facilities, offices, base Xchange, etc.)
- Data Centers and Mission-Critical Facilities
- BIM/VDC/CAD-based Projects that are also sustainably designed (did BIM help?)
Who is the key “sustainability” expert at your firm? (Name, title, contact info)
Thanks, and we look forward to working with you on this exciting issue of BD+C! +