After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Understand the characteristics that best describe commercial/industrial insulated metal panels (IMPs) and their design options
- Visualize the installation process of IMPs, including flashings and sealants while also recognizing the factors affecting panel spans and the relationship of these factors to structural supports.
- Understand how IMPs provide all necessary air, water, vapor and thermal control layers through a single component
- Comprehend why IMPs are ideally suited for pre-engineered buildings (PEBs)
- Knowledge of IMP code compliance and be able to differentiate between the various paint, corrosion, panel and weathertight warranties available with IMPs