Following a sold-out inaugural event in 2016, the editors of Building Design+Construction, along with 31 AEC women leaders who are advisors for the conference, are now accepting speaker proposals for the second-annual Women in Design+Construction conference (WiD+C).
The 2.5-day event will take place November 15-17, 2017, at the Fairmont Scottsdale (Ariz.) Princess resort.
The conference theme, Building Together, focuses professional development, leadership training, and networking for professionals working in architecture, engineering, construction, and building owner/developer disciplines.
The BD+C editors and WiD+C Advisory Board are looking for speakers and panels that will offer practical, advice-driven content for the 150+ AEC professionals in the audience. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Advanced negotiation methods
- Business development training (i.e., how to win work for your firm)
- Emotional intelligence
- Navigating business and entrepreneurship
- Personal development
- How to lead/influence
- AEC innovations by women
- The state of women in AEC (update from 2016 WiD+C conference)
- Team building and leadership
- Advanced networking techniques
- Clients/owners perspective
Deadline for proposals: April 14, 2017
Editor’s Note: Your application does not guarantee placement on the agenda.
Questions? Contact David Barista at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-954-7929.