Real estate professionals from Crate and Barrel, Jones Lang LaSalle, Baxter, and Advocate Healthcare are among the building owner representatives attending and speaking at Building Design+Construction's new conference and expo, BUILDINGChicago, September 9-11.
More than half of the 65+ continuing education sessions offered at the show will include a building owner representative, who will offer their unique perspective on current trends and projects.
Some of the owner-driven sessions include:
From Energy Hog to Energy Miser: Transforming the U.S. Bank Building, Madison, Wis.
Owner: Urban Land Interests
Informing the Design + Construction of Healthcare Facilities through Simulation: BIM + VDC at Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Owner: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Chicago Lakeside Development: Bringing LEED for Neighborhood Development to the U.S. Steel Works Site
Owner: McCaffery Interests
Sustainable Campus Master Planning at a Community College: Harnessing the Opportunities
Owner: College of Lake County, Ill.
Transforming Medicine at the Community Level: Creating a Healthcare based Mixed-Use Development in Southwest Chicago
Owner: St. Anthony Hospital and Greater Southwest Development Corporation
Sustainable Senior Housing in South Chicago: Combining LEED with Active Green Environments at Victory Centre
Owner: Pathway Senior Living
Two Net Zero Projects, One Conclusion: From the Yannell Residence to Harmony House Animal Shelter
Owner: Harmony House
An Owners Experience with BIM: The Crate and Barrel Story
Owner: Crate and Barrel
A New Post-occupancy Evaluation Process at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center, Normal, Ill.
Owner: Advocate Healthcare
Guiding Principles of Highly Effective K-8 Design: A Case Study at the University of Chicago Lab Schools
Owner: University of Chicago
As of August 27, here are the building owner organizations attending or speaking at the show:
- Advocate Healthcare
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Chicago Park District
- Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters
- City of Blue Island, Ill.
- City of Brookfield, Wis.
- City of Chicago
- City of Cincinnati
- City of Indianapolis
- City of Lafayette, Ind.
- City of Richfield, Minn.
- City of Southfield, Mich.
- City of Urbana
- College of Lake County
- Consulate General of Canada
- Crate and Barrel
- General Growth Properties
- Grand Valley State University
- Greater Southwest Development Corporation
- Harmony House
- Illinois Capital Development Board
- Iowa State University
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Lake County - Facilities Operations
- Lake County - FAS
- Loyola University Chicago
- McCaffery Interests
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Ministry Health Care
- Moraine Valley Community College
- Nicor Gas
- Pathway Senior Living
- St. Anthony Hospital
- State of Illinois Capital Development Board
- State of Iowa, Department of Corrections
- Tribune Co.
- University of Chicago Medicine
- University of Illinois
- University of Wisconsin
- Univiversity of Newcastle, England
- Urban Land Interests