1. Construction spending rises 1.4% in August as residential boom outweighs private nonresidential decline and flat public categories (AGC)
"Construction spending in August totaled $1.41 trillion at a seasonally adjusted annual rate, an increase of 1.4% from July’s upwardly revised total. Residential spending jumped by 3.7%, while private and public nonresidential spending inched down by a combined 0.1%."
2. Guides addressing fenestration anchorage updated (BD+C)
"This is the first update to both documents: AAMA 2501-20, “Voluntary Guide for Engineering Analysis of Anchorage Systems for Fenestration Products” and AAMA TIR-A14-20, “Fenestration Anchorage Guidelines.” The former was originally written in 2006; the latter was created in 2010."
3. Nonresidential construction spending falls slightly in August (ABC)
"Of the 16 nonresidential subcategories, nine were down on a monthly basis. Private nonresidential spending decreased 0.3% from July, while public nonresidential construction spending was up 0.2%. Nonresidential construction spending is down 0.7% compared to August 2019."
4. 7 ProCONNECT events scheduled for 2021, including two new programs (BD+C)
"Two new events, "Education" and "Sustainability | Health + Wellness | Resilience," to debut in 2021."
5. College town economies suffer as students avoid bars, football tailgating (WSJ)
"Postponed Virginia Tech games and virtual classes dashed hopes for fall rebound in Blacksburg."
6. America's 11 most endangered historic places - 2020 list (BD+C)
"Annually, this list spotlights important examples of our nation’s architectural and cultural heritage that, without applied action and immediate advocacy, will be destroyed or face irreparable damage."