1. Chicago’s Bank of America Tower completes, opens (BD+C)
"Designed by Goettsch Partners, the 1,770,000-sf tower includes a stepped center core, which allows for a 45-foot lease span on each side. Interior space planning is enhanced by the five-foot setbacks along the river, providing the equivalent of 14 corner offices."
2. Altering facilities for a post-COVID-19 world (Burns & McDonnell)
"There are several possibilities when it comes to reconfiguring or adjusting a space to maintain the health and safety of workers, from reorganizing spaces to enable social distancing measures to full teardown and reconstruction of a plant. Each increasing level of complexity adds to the amount of investment required and the possible disruption to an operation’s processes."
3. Repurposeability: The future of college campuses (GBBN)
"With COVID-19 putting additional pressures on budgets and shutting down or restricting campus access, endless campus expansions are even less tenable."
4. Standard contract document for prefab and modular building released (BD+C)
"The ConsensusDocs Coalition is offering the first standard contract document that addresses prefabricated construction."
5. The Weekly Show: AI for building facade inspections; designing a world-class architecture firm (BD+C)
"The October 15 episode of BD+C's "The Weekly" is available for viewing on demand."
6. L.A., all the way (BD+C)
"Over the past 40 years, KFA has designed more than 17,000 units of housing in over 300 different buildings for scores of developers in Los Angeles County. A dozen of these projects, comprising more than 1,000 affordable units, are on the city’s Skid Row. More than 40 of these buildings are of vintage quality; 11 are listed on the National Register of Historic Places."