1. San Jose’s new tallest building tops out (BD+C)
"The design features two towers with the same window wall and curtain wall systems and alternating balconies. The rooftop of the West Tower will feature amenities for indoor/outdoor social gatherings and private events with seating. The East Tower will feature outdoor seating and fitness. Each rooftop will be landscaped and offer views of the surrounding area."
2. AWC and ICC Release Mass Timber Buildings and the IBC (ICC)
"The publication provides an overview of requirements for mass timber construction as found in the 2015, 2018, and 2021 International Building Code."
3. Virginia is the first state to adopt COVID-19 worker safety rules (BD+C)
"The rules include social distancing requirements, notifications for employees when a co-worker tests positive for the virus, and timelines for when employees who recover can return to work. Some business groups said the rules will add unfair burdens on businesses already struggling with the pandemic’s economic repercussions."
4. Hines breaks ground on mass-timber office project in Toronto (Commercial Property Executive)
"The first phase of T3 Bayside, the workspace component of a master-planned waterfront community, is on schedule to reach completion in early 2023."
5. WeWork sheds youthful image as it lures big corporations (WSJ)
"Co-working company pitches flexibility amid business uncertainty wrought by the coronavirus."
6. How apartment renter preferences are changing because of the pandemic (National Real Estate Investor)
"The pandemic has marked some shifts in the most wanted apartment amenities."