1. Architecture Billings Index points to major downturn in commercial construction (AIA)
"Largest monthly decline in billings a direct result of pandemic response."
2. Rent Payment Tracker Finds Rent Payment Rate at 95% of Prior Month (National Multifamily Housing Council)
"The share of residents who paid in April increased by 5 percentage points compared to last week."
3. It's time to make your back-to-the-office plan (GBBN)
Congratulations! Your organization has successfully pivoted to remote work and settled into a new routine. Now, it’s time to start preparing for your return to the office.
4. The death of the department store: ‘Very few are likely to survive’ (New York Times)
"Shuttered flagships. Empty malls. Canceled orders. Risks of bankruptcy. The coronavirus has hit the behemoths of the retail world."
5. COVID-19 epidemic demonstrates value of flexible hospital space
Some rooms being repurposed for ICU care.